At first, video interviewing can seem daunting – but here are just a few of it’s many candidate benefits:
- There’s no need to take time off from your existing role – you can record your interview in your own time
- No travel required for the first stage of the interviewing process
- It allows you to see the company’s culture, especially if they provide an intro video
- Opportunity to rehearse prior to starting the interview
- Record each question at a time
- You get to create a personal statement
- It’s a fairer process – all candidates at this stage get asked the same questions as you and have the same amount of time to answer
- You can record your interview from your smartphone, tablet, laptop, or computer! (As long as it has a webcam of course)
of candidates surveyed would be happy to complete another video interview in the future!
of candidates surveyed said they had a “very positive” opinion of the company they applied for before completing the video interview. This changed to…
after having completed their video interview! 24% also responded “positive”.
Still not convinced? Here’s a little bit of our candidate feedback…
“Positive and enjoyable”
“The process was even better than I expected. Easy and helpful.”
“I soon relaxed after the first question and I was quite comfortable with this new method of interviewing.”
“It was well structured, engaging with different individuals asking each questions via video and a good introduction with hints and tips”
“Very user friendly”
“I was able to feel more relaxed due to being able to complete the interview in a quiet space in my own home”
Keep an eye on our blog for useful candidate insights!
9 Tips to Nail a Video Interview
If you’re about to take an online video interview yourself, and wondering what to expect, or a recruiter who wants to provide the best tips and preparation material for your candidates, these 9 top tips are a must read.
Video Interview Do’s and Don’ts
Got your first ever video interview coming up? Never applied for a job this way and feeling nervous about your recording? Have no fear – we know what employers are looking for in a top quality video interview, and we know plenty of tips and tricks to help you make the cut.
A Graduates Guide to Video Interviewing
It is becoming more and more common for employers to ask you to complete a video interview, and the last thing you need is another thing to be nervous about. This guide will help you feel comfortable doing a video interview and hopefully get the job!